Sunday, August 3, 2008

Road Trip

So the road trip has been great so far...we started by taking the U.S. ferry from Sidney over to Anacortes, Washington and spent the night at a great little inn at La Conner (The Wild Iris Inn - highly recommend!). What a cute town that is to spend a day in. Unfortunately, we had to move on for the following night because there were no rooms at the inn (part of the problem of spontaneous travelling!). After a night at the Hampton Inn at Burlington, Washington we packed it in and took the ferry back to Sidney.

Now we've moved up Vancouver Island to just outside of Ladysmith. Our friends Steve & Peggy are camping with friends Bill & Glenna and their family and we've been visiting with them. You may not have guessed this about us, but we're not very good campers - I know it's really surprising! Anyway, I booked us in to a very cute B & B not 5 minutes from the campground. It's the Amberwood on the River and is like a private sanctuary. We even have our own garden complete with koi pond. As I write this, Dallas is out walking the owner's 2 retrievers (I think there may be a puppy in our future sometime soon) - all of this is keeping you know whose mind off you know what. My main function in life right now is planning diversions and escapes...quite the challenge sometimes! We'll stay here another night and then work our way home. Thanks again for all your love and support! I'll try not to bore you with any more updates until after the surgery on Wednesday...

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you're having a relaxing time. I'm a little worried about the koi in the pond. Has Dallas taken out his fishing pole yet? Maybe they aren't big enough for him.
I also wanted to thank you all for the wonderful visit during the dinner for Heather. She is so lucky to have been welcomed into such a great family and we are just as lucky to have Marcus in ours.
Take care. I'm thinking of you all. Sharon

Anonymous said...

Wait a second, did you say there might be a puppy sometime in your future? Because Marcus and I wouldn't be totally opposed to that. In fact, it'd be awesome. Not that I'm getting my hopes up or anything.

Patty said...

Sharon - Thanks - we really enjoyed ourselves at dinner the other night. We'll have to try and do that more often. It was great to meet more of your family members and put faces to names. Thanks for making Marcus so welcome, too. We love Heather and it's so nice for me to finally have a girl in my life!
It's too bad that Dallas forgot his fishing pole - at the B & B they also had a trout pond on the property. He is definitely off his game a bit because that used to go in the car first! Take care and we'll look forward to seeing you soon.

Patty said...

Heather...yes I did say puppy! I'm happy that we have your support on the issue because I think a puppy might be an integral part of Dallas's recuperation program. I would need a commitment from you and Marcus as puppy sitters. But I'm glad that you're not getting your hopes up or anything, sweetie!

Evelyn said...

Patty - I think you have another career ahead of you in planning luxury travel! How do you find these perfect little spots! Well done - and I agree, the best medicine you could offer about now! I LOVE the idea of a puppy also - it will indeed a whole lot of "positive" around the house. Wonderful thought. So....take good care...in 48 hours it will be behind you! I ran by your house in Invermere this week just to say a "virtual" hello! Hugs to you and the big guy.

Patty said...

Thanks, Ev...We miss the old Invermere place but this neighbourhood is turning out to be pretty cool too. You'll have to come for a run here soon. I have been thinking about another career as you know, so the travel gig might work out! Just have to get over this next hurdle and we'll be on our way. I see Dallas as a fishing guide and me researching the B & B's. Marcus and Heather will have to watch the puppy!