Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Great Day

Hi there...another great day - we went to the surgeon's office and Dallas had most of the stitches/staples removed. He's looking awesome, feeling great and getting healthier. This morning he raised his left arm over his head. I cried happy tears - one of the sacrifices that the surgeon had to make was the spinal accessory nerve which runs into the trapezius muscle in the shoulder. I'm no expert, but to me this means that Dallas is already retraining his existing nerves and muscles to pick up the slack - doesn't want to lose that golf swing!

Our next wait will be for the pathology next Friday...this will determine the extent of the cancer and whether or not radiation is required. So far so good....

1 comment:

Bev said...

I am so happy to hear the good news. I think Dallas wants to have two good hugging arms for his princess. Keep up overachieving you two. You are a great team!