Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another Update...

Hi everyone...thanks for the cards, emails, and good wishes that just keep flowing in on a daily basis. You are all wonderful! Dallas is feeling better and is slowly getting his strength back. I know that things are a bit frustrating for him because he's used to being so active. Unfortunately, it's only natural for him to feel run down - losing so much weight and going thru such a huge stressor all within a month is enough to exhaust me just thinking about it! We're starting to get out for small walks and we go further every day. I know that once Dallas is able to eat more normally things will improve even more. He looks just great - swelling from the surgery is virtually gone now so the soreness and pain should follow, I hope.

Take care and we'll keep you posted with what happens when we see the doctor for pathology results this Friday...positive thoughts. xxoo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Thanks Patty, for doing such a great job keeping us all up to date.

One of the positive side benefits of Dallas laying low and recovering is all the money you are saving on boat gas!

Little D

Patty said...

You're right about the gas money, Darrell (somehow I was hoping I could do a spa $$ tranfer thing!). As we speak Dallas is practicing his shoulder turns so he can get back on the water - he says his biggest fear is that he won't be able to wind the fish in!

Hugs to you both!

Anonymous said...

Hello you left coasters. Some of the gas money your saving , would come in handy for Jude and I, as we are embarking on a 12000 km. in our motor home this weekend. From here to the maritimes, down east coast and back across the excited states to California til Apr.

We eagerly look for the blog updates and news of Big "D "s recovery. keep it going buddy !

Patty said...

Hey you two...I guess this means that you like the motor home thing! As for the gas - I know that Dallas will be ripping thru it soon - making up for lost time on the water. We hope to see you guys and the rest of the valley crew down south this winter. Thanks for keeping in touch - we'll look forward to hearing about your trip. Hugs to you both!

Bev said...

I hear the fishing hasn't been that great anyway. They are waiting for you Dallas but they won't wait forever. I'm glad you are getting better. Let me know if you want some company! I can bring some fish!