Friday, August 7, 2009

The next round begins

Hi everyone. Well this week is over with progress made on the paperwork side (a very big thing for the Cancer Agency) as well as a trip to Vancouver to finish off the clinical trial testing. We had a good visit with Dr. Chia. Although he is no longer my oncologist he's still acting as my adviser to Dr. Browman, giving him the advice he needs about the new chemo I start next week. That's right - finally start herceptin as well as a strong chemo called paclitaxel. The swelling in the face area has increased (still trying to get used to the Mick Jagger lips!) but I've started a treatment for that as well. I am glad we have lots of company here in August but I'll still need some rest time in between ( so will Patty!). Although I want to start the treatment next week it's also supposed to be a great week for fishing. I might have to fish right up to the time of the treatment!
Take care, Dallas

6 comments:

Evelyn said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!! This is all so encouraging and we agree, you'll need the reserve energy to take this on! We're so looking forward to seeing you and know that you'll let us know what works for you both in terms of visiting time. Take care.
Love, Ev & Bill
XXOO

Anonymous said...

Dallas, It was so great to talk to you last night. You sound so STRONG!!If there is anyone on the planet who can pull this off-it's you. You master everything you set out to do-golf, fishing and now this. It's no different! Can't wait to see you, Love Anne ( and Brian)

Anonymous said...

Hello Dallas and Patty - I finally figured how to access your blog, hopefully I will figure how to send this note. We are very glad that you are now getting the new medications needed for treatment. Saw the picture of your fish, it looked a good size. We were just away for a week of camping at Trev's property in Turtle Valley. Had a good time with the water craft on the Little Shuswap, also did some atv'ing. At home now and with the weather cooling will be doing home projects for the next week. Keeping you and Patty in our thoughts. Pearl

Lawrence said...

The fish will still be there, waiting for when your feeling better. Go get er done Big D.

conner clark said...

hey Dallas its Conner Clark again! I love how your fishing as much as possible haha! it was great to see you in Courtnay. Im glad i got to see you and i hope maybe i can catch my first salmon with you our next visit! I pray for you constantly and miss you buddy! I hope you are well! Your friend, Conner

Dallas said...

Thanks again. Conner we will catch that fish yet. I have not gone out fishing very much as I am saving the energy. We will update the blog more often as well as I just got my schedule for the week.I look forward to seeing all our visiters very soon.