Wednesday, August 12, 2009

DAY ONE FINISHED

Well it wasn't the best day but we survived it. Half way through the herceptin the swelling in my neck and face went out of control. They stopped the process until the doctors could get my breathing and swallowing closer to normal. An hour later we were back in business but at a slower speed. We're not sure if it was a reaction to the drug or just the process of adding something else to my system. Round two starts tomorrow. Dallas

So I was the one that needed heart paddles today! Luckily, the doctors were able to get everything under control quickly and Dallas is feeling much better. I know this for sure because the first thing he did when we got in the door was head for the ice cream (I had a glass of wine!). I'm sure things will go more smoothly tomorrow. More later...
Love, Patty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Sh-t!!! Patty, you have to have a glass of wine for me too! OK Dallas,that's enough excitement for the rest of the treatments-I lost my breath just reading about it! Let's go more slowly tomorrow OK? Keep up the good work. Love Anne and Brian

Evelyn said...

OMG!! Yes - made for some excitement no doubt! I was so happy to see your blog tonight and I give you guys so much credit for keeping everyone so well informed - as you know, we've all been thinking about you during the day today. We're with ya in spirit!

On to day #2...day #1 was full of good learning. Take care
Ev & Bill
XXOO

Eveline said...

Dear Super Troopers........my thoughts are with you. Better to head for the ice cream bucket than the toilet roll. I'm sure it was panic time. I held my breath too just reading it. Won't be able to catch up with the two of you this week but will keep in touch. Hugs....Ev & Mike